The concept of damage spreading in the context of Monte Carlo is introduced. Subtle differences between heat bath and Glauber dynamics give rise to totally different behavior in the damage spreading. In general, damage spreading defines new dynamical phase transitions which in some cases can be related exactly to usual thermal critical points. In spin-glasses, damage spreading can even generate multifractality.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Ising Model Spin Glass Heat Bath Initial Distance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.G. Le Caër, in preparation (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Mariz, L. de Arcangelis and H. J. Herrmann, in preparation (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Guenoun, F. Perrot and D. Beysens, preprint (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.H. J. Herrmann et al., in preparation (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.L. de Arcangelis, A. Coniglio and H. J. Herrmann, in preparation (1989).Google Scholar