Extracting Information from Spike Trains of Olfactory Bulb Neurons
This conference is devoted primarily to the transduction of olfactory sensory signals and to the processing of those signals. This presentation will deal with the issue of how we can evaluate those signals when we observe them as trains of spikes in the vertebrate olfactory bulb or other central nervous structures.
KeywordsOlfactory Bulb Spike Train Spike Count Odor Concentration Odor Stimulus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Duchamp-Viret P(1988)Le codage intensitif du stimulus olfactif. Thesis L’Universite Claude-Bernard LyonGoogle Scholar
- Freeman WJ (1975)Mass action in the nervous system.Academic Press, New York Hamilton KA, Kauer JS(in press)Patterns of intracellular potentials in salamander mitral/tufted’cells in response to odor stimulation.) NeurophysiolGoogle Scholar
- Jourdan F,Duveau A,Astic L,Holley A (1980)Spatial distribution of [14C]2deoxyglucose uptake in the olfactory bulbs of rats stimulated with two different odours.Brain Res 188:139–154Google Scholar
- Kauer J(1987)Coding in the olfactory system.In Finger TE,Silver WL (eds)Neurobiology of taste and smell.Wiley,New York,p 205Google Scholar
- Meredith M,Moulton DG(1978)Patterned response to odor in single neurons of goldfish olfactory bulb: influence of odor quality and other stimulus parameters.J Gen Physiol 71:615–643Google Scholar
- Saucier D, Astic L(1986)Analysis of the topographical organization of olfactory epithelium projection in the rat.Brain Res 16:455–462Google Scholar
- Scott JW(1981)Electrophysiological identification of mitral and tufted cells and distribution of their axons in the olfactory system of the rat.J Neurophysiol 45:918–931Google Scholar
- Scott JW, Harrison TA(1987)The olfactory bulb:anatomy and physiology.In Finger TE,Silver WL (eds)Neurobiology of taste and smell.Wiley,New York,p 151Google Scholar
- Shepherd GM(1979)The synaptic organization of the nervous system,2nd edn.Oxford University Press,Oxford,UKGoogle Scholar
- Wellis DW, Scott JW(1989)Odor induced responses of rat olfactory bulb granule cells.Xth International Symposium on Olfaction and TasteGoogle Scholar