Comparison between the growth of gold particles onto MgO and amorphous carbon substrates by in situ electrical conductance measurements
The sheet conductance of gold condensates on MgO and a-C is expressed in terms of granulometric quantities. This expression enables us to follow the evolution of metal repartition on its substrate during the gold evaporation. The difference between the growth modes of these gold layers on MgO and on a-Cis explained by the predominance of respectively nucleation and coalescence phenomena
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Robrieux, B., Desrousseaux, G., Gillet, M.: J. Microsc. Spectrosc. Electron. 12, 423 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.Tirodkar, P.P., Pratap, R.: Ind. J. Pure Appl. Phys. 16, 582 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Duke, C.B.: Tunnelling in Solids. New-York: Academic Press 1969.Google Scholar
- 10.Tunnelling phenomena in solids. Burstein, E., Lundqvist, S. (eds.), New York: Plenum Press 1969.Google Scholar
- 11.Lewis, B., Anderson, J.C.: Nucleation and growth of thin films, pp. 332–335. New York, San Francisco, London: Academic Press 1978.Google Scholar