Physical Activity of Finnish Adults Studied According to Age, Sex, and Place of Residence
- 161 Downloads
Physical activity at work is no longer what it used to be. People have more spare time, and the meaning of physical activity to one’s state of health has become an issue.
KeywordsPhysical Activity Regular Physical Exercise Rural Region Spare Time Mobile Clinic
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- American College of Sports Medicine (1980) Guidelines for graded exercise testing and exercise prescription. Lea and Febiger, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Battigelli MC (1975) Determination of fitness to work. In: Zenz C (ed) Occupational medicine. Year Book, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- Fleiss JL (1973) Statistical methods for rate and proportions. John Wiley & Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Grandjean E (1971) Fitting the task to the man. Taylor and Francis, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Heikkinen E, Arajärvi RL, Era P et al. (1984) Functional capacity of men bom in 1906–1910, 1926–1930 and 1946–1950. Scand J Soc Med [Suppl] 33Google Scholar
- Kraut H, Körbel W (1976) Regulatory mechanisms of energy needs — occupational work. Prog Food Nutrsci 2:81–89Google Scholar
- Mälkiä E, Impivaara O, Maatela J, Aromaa A, Heliövaara M, Knekt P (1988) Physical activity of Finnish adults. (English summary). Kansaneläkelaitoksen Julkaisuja (Turku) ML:80Google Scholar
- Reiff GG, Montoye HJ, Remington RD, Napier JA, Metzner HL, Epstein FH (1967) Assessment of Dhysical activity by questionnaire and interview. In: Karvonen MJ, Barry AJ (eds) Physical activity and the heart. Thomas, SpringfieldGoogle Scholar
- van der Sluijs H (1972) A standard analysis of daily energy expenditure and patterns of activity. In: Dirken JM (ed) Functional age of industrial workers. Wolters-Noordhoff, GroningenGoogle Scholar
- Vuolle P, Telama R, Laakso L (eds) (1986) The Finns move so (in Finnish). Liikunnan ja kansanterveyden julkaisuja 50Google Scholar
- Wilhelmsen L, Tibblin G, Fodor J, Werkö L (1971) A multifactorial primary prventive trial in Gothenburg, Sweden. In: Larsen OA, Malmborg RO (eds) Coronary heart disease and physical fitness. Munksgaard, CopenhagenGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg 1990