Korrektur von Wachstumsstörungen durch Distraktionsepiphyseolyse oder Kortikotomie nach Ilizarov
In treatment of congenital and acquired growth disturbances we used the Ilizarov-device. Since 1977 20 patients (22 legs) have been treated by epiphyseolysis. Since 1983 we use Ilizarov’s new technique corticotomy in 26 patients on 30 legs. In 5 patients with achondroplasia we lengthened both tibiae (in the range from 10 to 12 cm). The average lengthening received by epiphyseolysis was 8.5 cm (4–18 cm) and by corticotomy 7.5 cm (2.5–18 cm). We report on the indication for both methods, complications and problems.
In limb lengthening both epiphyseolysis and corticotomy are practicable procedures however physicians and physiotherapists need many experiences in this treatment avoiding complications. Some histological findings in sheep and humans in the process of bone healing will be demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ilizarov GA, Gracheva VI, Vasiljev BN (1987) Treatment of deformities of the knee joint according to Ilizarov with formation of a wedge-shaped bone regenerate (russ.). Methodologic recommendations of the ministry of health of the RSFSR. KurganGoogle Scholar
- 2.Ilizarov GA, Shreiner AA, Imerlishvili IA, Bakhlykov YN, Chirkova AM, Martel II (1983) On the problem of osteogenesis improvement conditions in limb lengthening. Abstracts of the All-Union Symposium “Experimental theoretical and clinical aspects of the transosseous osteosynthesis method developed in Kurgan scientific research institute of experimental and clinical orthopaedics and traumatology”. Kurgan, Sept 20–22; pp 23–24Google Scholar
- 3.Ilizarov GA, Soybelman CM (1969) Some clinical and experimental data concerning bloodless lengthening of lower extremities (russ.). Eksp Khir Anestkeziol 4:27–32Google Scholar
- 4.Lee AD, Popkov AV, Gracheva VI, Kalyankina VI (1983) Possibilities of the transosseous osteosynthesis after Ilizarov in the elimination of limb shortening in children and adults. Abstracts of the All-Union Symposium “Experimental theoreticsl and clinical aspects of the transosseous osteosynthesis method developed in Kurgan scientific research institute of experimental and clinical orthopaedics and traumatology”. Kurgan, Sept 20–22, p 87Google Scholar
- 7.Monticelli G, Spinelli R (1983) Leg lengthening by metaphyseal corticotomy. Ital J Orthop Traumatol 11:139–150Google Scholar