The Copenhagen High-Risk Study: Major Psychopathological and Etiological Findings
The purpose of this presentation is to review major psychopathological and etiological findings from a prospective, longitudinal study of children of schizophrenic mothers. This study, which is still ongoing, was initiated by Mednick and Schulsinger in 1962.
KeywordsCovariance Schizophrenia Posit Peri
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (3rd ed.) (DSM-III). (1980). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.Google Scholar
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (3rd ed.-rev.) (DSM-IIIR). (1987). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.Google Scholar
- McNeil, T.F., & Kaij, L. (1978). Obstetric factors in the development of schizophrenia: Complications in the birth of preschizophrenics and in the reproduction by schizophrenic parents. In L.C. Wynne, R.L. Cromwell, & S. Mattysse (Eds.), The nature of schizophrenia (pp. 401–429 ). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Mednick, S.A, & Schulsinger, F. (1965). A longitudinal study of children with a high risk for schizophrenia: A preliminary report. In S. Vandenberg (Ed.), Methods and goals in human behavior genetics (pp. 255–296 ). New York: Academic.Google Scholar
- Meehl, P.E. (1972). A critical afterword. In I.I. Gottesmann & J. Shields (Eds.), Schizophrenia and genetics: A twin study vantage point, (pp. 367–415 ). New York: Academic.Google Scholar
- Parnas, J. (1985). Mates of schizophrenic mothers. A study of assortative mating from the American-Danish high risk project. British Journal of Psychiatry, 140, 602–606.Google Scholar
- Wing, J.K., Cooper, J.E., & Sartorius, N. (1974). The measurement and classification of psychiatric syndromes. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- World Health Organization. (1967). Manual of the international statistical classification of diseases, injuries and causes of death (8th ed.). Geneva.Google Scholar