Production of Growth Factors by Rat Pleural Mesothelial Cells In Vivo or In Vitro Transformed by Chrysotile Fibers
Mesothelial cells are target cells in asbestos-related carcinogenesis. Chrysotile fibers are known to induce mesothelioma in vivo (Wagner et al. 1969; Monchaux et al. 1981) and mesothelial cell transformation in vitro (Paterour et al. 1985).
KeywordsDust Heparin Penicillin Retina Polypeptide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jaurand MC, Bernaudin JF, Renier A, Kaplan H, Bignon J (1981) Rat pleural mesothelial cells in culture. In Vitro 17: 98–108Google Scholar
- Klagsborn M and Shirg Y (1985) Heparin affinity of anionic and cationic capillary endothelial cell growth factors: analysis of hypothalamus derived growth factors and fibroblast growth factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82: 805- 809Google Scholar
- La Rocca P and Rheinwald JG (1985) Anchorage independent growth of normal human mesothelial cells: a sensitive bioassay for EGF which discloses the absence of this factor in fetal calf serum. In Vitro Cellular et Dev Biol 21: 67–72Google Scholar
- Lens PF, Altera B, Nuser (1986) Expression of c-sis and platelet-derived growth factor in in vitro transformed glioma cells from rat brain tissue transplacental treated with ethylnitrosourea. Mol and Cell Biol 6: 3537–3540Google Scholar
- Levy F, Van der Meeren A, Renier A, Katz A, Bignon J and Jaurand MC. (1988) First studies on cell cycles of rat pleural mesothelial cells submitted to direct and indirect hit by chrysotile fibres. 4th Int Workshop on Effects of Mineral Dusts on Cells, Sherbrooke, Canada 21–23 SeptGoogle Scholar
- Saint-Etienne L, Paterour MJ, Nebut M, Fleury J, Kheuang L, Bignon J and Jaurand MC (1988) Occurence and morphology of tumors induced in nude mice transplanted with pleural mesothelial cells in vitro treated with chrysotile fibres or benzo 3-4 pyrene. 4th Int Workshop on Effects of Mineral Dusts on Cells, Sherbrooke, Canada 21–23 SeptGoogle Scholar
- Schreiber A, Kenny S, Kowalski J, Thomas K, Gimenez-Galleco G, Los Candelarc M, Di Salvo J, Barritault D, Courty J, Courtois Y, Moenner M, Loret C, Burges W, Mehlman T, Firesel R, Johnsson W and Maciag J (1985) A unique family of endothelial cell polypeptide mitogens: the antigenic and receptor cross reactivity of bovine endothelial cell growth factor, brain derived acidic fibroblast growth factor and eye derived growth factor II. J Cell Biol 101: 1623–1626PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar