Route of Administration is a Determinant of the Tissue Disposition and Effects of TBTO on Cytochrome P-450-Dependent Drug Metabolism
Organotins have found wide industrial and agricultural applications as a result of the potent biocidal activities exhibited by many of these compounds (1,2). Recently, some of these compounds have undergone testing for potential antitumor activity (3). This wide diversity of applications of organotins has prompted an extensive evaluation of their general toxicity (4–7).
KeywordsToxicity Sucrose Furnace Magnesium Glycerin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.WHO Environmental Health Criteria 15. ‘Tin and organotin compounds.’ WHO, Geneva 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.Zuckerman JJ (ed.). Tin and Malignant Cell Growth, CRC Press, 1988, Boca Raton, FL.Google Scholar
- 4.Reiter, L, Kidd, K, Heavner, G and Ruppert, P. ‘Behavioral toxicity of acute and subacute exposure to triethyltin in the rat.’ Neurotoxicologv 2: 97–112, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.Seinen, W, Vos, JG, Brands, R and Hooykaas, H. ‘Lymphocytotoxicity and iimminosuppression by organotin compounds. Suppression of graft-versushost reactivity, blast transformation, and E-rosette formation by di-nbutyltin dichloride and di-n-octyltin dichloride. ’ Immunopharmacology 1: 343–355, 1979.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Rosenberg, DW, Drummond, GS and Kappas, A. ‘The influence of organometals on heure metabolism: In vivo and in vitro studies with organotins.’ Mol. Pharmacol. 21: 150–158, 1981.Google Scholar
- 14.Mains, MD, and Kappas, A. ‘Cobalt stimulation of heme degradation in the liver.’ J. Biol. Chem. 250: 4171–4177, 1975.Google Scholar
- 15.Maines, MD and Kappas, A. ‘Cobalt induction of hepatic heure oxygenase; with evidence that cytochrome P450 is not essential for this enzyme activity.’ Proc. Natl. Acad. Aci. USA 71: 4293–4297.Google Scholar
- 19.Slavin W, Manning DC, Carnrick CR. The stabilized temperature platform furnace. At. Spectrosc. 2: 137–145, 1981.Google Scholar