Hormone-Regulated Modifications to Cell Wall Polysaccharides: Relevance to Cell Separation
When plants grow and develop, the cell wall undergoes biochemical modifications. The type of cell wall polysaccharide components subjected to degradation and biosynthesis appears to be dependent upon the stage and the type of growth and development. It also depends upon plant species, due to the difference in matrix composition, and probably upon the hormones involved.
KeywordsSugar Maize Polysaccharide Oligosaccharide Galactose
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hoson T, Masuda Y (1986) Effects of lectins and sugar-recognizing antibodies on auxin-induced growth. In: Vian B, Reis R, Goldberg R (eds) Cell Wall ′86. Paris, p 242Google Scholar
- Inouhe M, Yamamoto R, Masuda Y (1984) Auxin-induced changes in the molecular weight distribution of cell wall xyloglucans in Avena coleoptiles. Plant Cell Physiol 25: 1241–1351Google Scholar
- Kato Y, Matsuda K (1976) Presence of xyloglucan in the cell wall of Phaseolus aureus hypocotyls. Plant Cell Physiol 17: 1185–1198Google Scholar
- Masuda Y, Yamamoto R (1985) Cell-wall changes during auxin-induced cell extension. Mechanical properties and constituent polysaccharides of the cell wall. In: Brett CT, Hillman JR (eds) Biochemistry of Plant Cell Walls. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, p 269Google Scholar
- Nishitani K, Masuda Y (1980) Modifications of cell wall polysaccharides during auxin-induced growth in azuki bean epicotyl segments. Plant Cell Physiol 21: 169–181Google Scholar
- Nishitani K, Masuda Y (1983) Auxin-induced changes in the cell wall xyloglucans: effects of auxin on the two different subfractions of xyloglucans in the epicotyl cell wall of Vigna angularis. Plant Cell Physiol 24: 345–355Google Scholar
- Osborne DJ (1979) Target cells — New concepts for plant regulation in horticulture. Sci Hort 30: 31–43Google Scholar
- Sakurai N, Masuda Y (1978) Auxin-induced changes in barley coleoptile cell wall composition. Plant Cell physiol 19: 1217–1223Google Scholar
- Yamamoto R, Shinozaki K, Masuda Y (1970) Stress-relaxation properties of plant cell walls with special reference to auxin action. Plant Cell Physiol 11: 947–956Google Scholar