HERA: Machine and Experiment
HERA, the electron proton colliding beam facility  which is now under construction in Hamburg, has two distinct features. It is the first electron proton collider ever to be built and it is being realized within the framework of a novel form of international collaboration, where institutions in Canada, China, France, Netherlands, Israel, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom and the USA are contributing either technical components built at home or skilled manpower.
KeywordsCharged Pion Drift Chamber Liquid Argon ZEUS Collaboration Hadronic Calorimeter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HERA-Proposal HERA 81–10, July 1981Google Scholar
- Technical Proposal for the H1 Detector, March 1986Google Scholar
- Technical Proposal for the ZEUS Detector, March 1986 The ZEUS Detector; Status Report 1987Google Scholar
- D. Proch; Invited paper given at the 1988 International Linear Accelerator Conference, LAC-88, Kingsmill, VAGoogle Scholar
- H. Kaiser, 13th International Conference on High Energy Accelerators; Novosibirsk, USSR, August 1986, and DESY HERA 1986–14Google Scholar
- [7a]S. Wolff, 10th International Conference on Magnet Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, September 1987Google Scholar
- [7b]K. Balewski, D. Degèle, G. Horlitz, H. Kaiser, H. Lierl, K.-H. Meß, S. Wolff, C.-H. Dustmann, P. Schmüser and B.H. Wiik, 1986 Applied Superconductivity Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, September 1986Google Scholar
- R. Auzolle, P. Le Marrec, A. Patoux, J. Perot and J.M. Rifflet, ICFA Workshop on Superconducting Magnets and Cryogenics, Brookhaven National Laboratory, BNL 52006, p. 195, May 1986Google Scholar
- C. Daum, J. Geerinck, R. Heller, P. Schmüser and P.A.M. Bracké, 10th International Conference on Magnet Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, September 1987Google Scholar
- P. Schmüser, Private CommunicationsGoogle Scholar
- H.R. Barton Jr., M. Clausen, G. Horlitz, G. Knust and H. Lierl, Proc. Cryogenic Engineering Conference, Cambridge, DESY HERA 85–13Google Scholar
- A. Ali, G. Ingelmann, G.A. Schuler, F. Barreiro, M.A. Garcia, J.F. de Trocóniz, R.H. Eichler, Z. Kunszt; Proceedings of the HERA Workshop, Hamburg, October 12–14, 1987, edited by R.D. Peccei.Google Scholar