XXIV International Conference on High Energy Physics pp 1195-1199 | Cite as
First results from a UA1 Uranium — TMP calorimeter module
The UA1 detector is being upgraded for the high luminosity ACOL-era at the CERN pp collider. The upgrade is centered on the construction of a Uranium-TMP calorimeter. The design and construction of this novel warm-liquid calorimeter together with the first test results from a full scale module are reported.
KeywordsEnergy Resolution Electromagnetic Calorimeter Recoil Proton Queen Mary College Monte Carlo Prediction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Rubbia, UA1 improvement programme : A status report for the SPSC, unpublished (1988).Google Scholar
- UA1 Collaboration, UA1 Technical note, TN/86-112 (1986).Google Scholar
- A. Gonidec, C. Rubbia, D. Schinzel and W. F. Schmidt, CERN-EP/88-36 (1988), submitted to Nucl. Instr. and Meth.Google Scholar
- F. J. Alvarez-Taviel et al., CERN-EF 88-11 (1988), submitted to Nucl. Instr. and Meth.Google Scholar
- G. Bauer, UA1 Uranium-TMP Calorimeter, presented at the 7 th Topical Workshop on pp- Collider Physics, FNAL, Batavia, Ill., 20–24 June 1988.Google Scholar