Deformation of Light Br Isotopes: New Ground State Spin and Moment Measurements
In a previous paperl) we have described and discussed measurements of the nuclear magnetic dipole moments of light Br isotopes 74m,75,77gBr using the technique of low temperature nuclear orientation in both on- and off-line experiments. We now report the extension of these measurements to 73Br and 72Br. Improved data on 74mBr are also given. The new results allow deduction of the ground state spin of 73Br and of the magnetic dipole moment of 72Br. As the data are very recent, the numerical moment values quoted may be subject to minor change before full publication.
KeywordsAnisotropy Zirconium Attenuation Half Life Prolate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).A.G. Griffiths et al, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Nuclei Far From Stability, Rosseau Lake, (1987) p184.Google Scholar
- 3).P. Herzog et al., Z. Phys. B64 (1986) 853.Google Scholar
- 4).N.J. Stone and H. Postma, Low Temperature Nuclear Orientation, (North Holland) 1986.Google Scholar
- 5).K.R. Lieb et al., in “Recent Advances in Study of Nuclei Off the Line of Stability (eds. Meyer and Brenner) ACS Symposium Series 324, (1986) p. 233.Google Scholar
- 6).M. Lederer and V. Shirley, Table of Isotopes (1978) Wiley.Google Scholar