Real—Time Functional Programming
We can envision a real-time program as a system of concurrent processes. While concurrent processes suggest an efficient implementation, reasoning about them is difficult. An abstract representation based on a functional notation makes reasoning easier. The functional program that represents a particular real-time system can be transformed into an equivalent system of concurrent processes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abramsky, S. and R. Sykes• SBCD-M: a virtual machine for applicative programming. In Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture ,LNCS 201, Springer-Verlag 1985, 81–98.Google Scholar
- 4.Davis, E. A high-level real-time programming language. Technical Report No. 145 and Robotics Report No. 36 ,New York University, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Henderson, P. Purely functional operating systems. In Functional Programming and its Applications: an Advanced Course ,J. Darlington, P. Henderson, and D. Turner (eds), Cambridge University Press, 1982, 177–192.Google Scholar
- 9.Wadler, P.L. Listlessness is Better than Laziness. Ph.D. Thesis, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1984.Google Scholar
- 10.Warren, D.H.D. An improved Prolog implementation which optimizes tail recursion. DAI Research Report 141, University of Edinburgh, 1980.Google Scholar