Outcome Based Hospital Financing and Decision Oriented Hospital Management
When designing a hospital reimbursement system, one has to consider simultaneously the public interest of minimizing total cost of the health care delivery system and the individual economic hospital’s goal of maximizing the profit. The purpose of this paper is to show that health care financing related to the outcome of hospitals and to the outcome linked costs satisfies both objectives.
KeywordsHospital Management Hospital Information System Health Care Financing Health Care Delivery System Average Wait Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davis, C.K.: The United States Experiences with DRGs, Its Impact on Cost and Quality, Paper presented at the 15th European Health Policy Forum-WHO Meeting, Brussels October 1987.Google Scholar
- Fetter, R.B., Shin, Y., Freeman, J.L., Averiii, R.F., and Thompson, J.D.: Case Mix Definition by Diagnosis Related Groups, in: Medical Care (Supp) 18, 1980, pp. 1–53.Google Scholar
- Fetter, R.B.: A Product Approach to Productivity Improvement in Health Care, Paper presented at the International Economics of Health Care Conference, Paris March 1983.Google Scholar
- Fetter, R.B., and Freeman, J.L.: Hospital Management by Diagnosis Related Groups, United States and European Experience, in: van Eimeren, R., Engelbrecht, R., and Flagle, Ch. (eds.): System Science in Health Care, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York/Tokyo 1984, pp. 672–674.Google Scholar
- Heinhold, J., and Gaede, K.-W.: Ingenieur-Statistik, München/Wien 1968.Google Scholar
- Krelle, W., and Künzi, H.P.: Nichtlineare Programmierung, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York 1975.Google Scholar
- Lerner, M.: Conceptualization of Health and Social Well-being, in: Berg, R. (ed.): Health Status Indexes, Hospitals Research and Educational Trust, Chicago 1973, pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- Ohmichi, H., and Miyake, S.: A Diagnosis Related Cost Analysis in Japanese Hospital Care, in: van Eimeren, R., Engelbrecht, R., and Flagle, Ch. (eds.): System Science in Health Care, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York/ Tokyo 1984, pp. 675–678.Google Scholar
- Rodrigues, J.-M.: Resource Allocation Based on DRGs, Paper presented at the 15th European Health Policy Forum-WHO Meeting, Brussels October 1987.Google Scholar
- Sanderson, H.F.: Adapting Diagnosis Related Groups for Use in England and Wales, in: van Eimeren, R., Engelbrecht, R., and Flagle, Ch. (eds.): System Science in Health Care, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York/ Tokyo 1984, pp. 679–682.Google Scholar