Radiation Enhanced Diffusion (RED) in a Sputtered Ag/Ni Layered System
The layered Ag/Ni system has been shown to exhibit surface segregation of Ag when an Ag layer buried between two Ni layers is sputter profiled at room temperature . While that study was directed to the analysis of radiation induced segregation (RIS), it showed also the role of diffusion in the transport of Ag atoms to the surface. The segregation rate was shown to obey first order kinetic equations, and segregation rates for 1 keV and 4 keV sputtering were determined.
KeywordsNickel Recombination Auger Diene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.R. Collins: In 3rd Conf. on Radiation Effects in Insulators. Guilford, Surrey, England, July, 1985Google Scholar
- 10.D. Marton, J. Fine, G.P. Chambers: in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 11.D. Marton and J. Fine: in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 12.J. Fine, B. Navinsek: J. Vac. Sci. & Technol., A3, 1408 (1985)Google Scholar
- 13.P.G. Shewmon: Diffusion in Solids. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1963Google Scholar
- 15.F. Davarya, M.L. Rousch, J. Fine, T.D. Andreadis, and O.F. Goktepe: J. Vac. Sci. Technol., Al, 467 (1983)Google Scholar
- 16.Constitution of Binary Alloys, ed. M. Hansen, 2nd ed. K. Anderko, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1958Google Scholar
- 19.A.B. Vladimirov, V.N. Kaygorodov, S.M. Klotsman, I. Sh. Trakhtenberg: Fiz. Metal. Metalloved., 45, 1015 (1978); (English trans1.: Phvs. Met. Metall., 45, 100 (1979)Google Scholar
- 22.D.S. Karpuzov and D.G. Armour: J. Phys., D17. 853 (1984)Google Scholar