On the Fine Structural Differential Diagnosis of Primary and Metastatic Lymph Node Tumors with Special Reference to the Nucleus
A great deal of research on the use of transmission electron microscopy (TEM) for tumor typing, e.g., for revealing tumor histogenesis, has occurred in the last 20 years and many publications, including general reviews, have appeared (Bern-hard 1969; Ghadially 1975; Reichlin et al. 1981; Krustev et al. 1982; Denk 1987). As a rule, the use of cytoplasmic features for diagnostic purposes has been stressed.
KeywordsChronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Malignant Lymphoma Nuclear Body Immunoblastic Lymphoma Malignant Lymphomas1
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bernhard W (1969) Ultrastructure of cancer cells. In: Lima de Faria A (ed) Handbook of molecular cytology. North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp 688–715Google Scholar
- Denk H (1987) Immunological heterogeneity of malignant tumors. Pathol Res Pract 182: 483Google Scholar
- Ghadially FN (1975) Ultrastructural pathology of the cell. Butterworths, London, pp 1–91Google Scholar
- Krustev L, Valkov I, Raitchev R, Prokopanov C (1982) Ultrastructural basis of pathology (in Bulgarian). Medizina i Fizkultura, Sofia, BulgariaGoogle Scholar
- Moyne G, Nash E, Puvion E (1977) Perichromatin granules in isolated rat hepatocytes treated with cortisol and cyclohexamide. Biol Cell 30: 5–16Google Scholar
- Reichlin NT, David H, Lapis K (1981) Ultrastructure of tumors in man (in Russian). Meditsina, Moskva, pp 13–20Google Scholar
- Smetana K, Bush H (1974) The nucleolus and nucleolar DNA. In: Bush H (ed) The cell nucleus. Academic, New York, pp 75–147Google Scholar
- Valkov I, Vassilev N (1977) Comparative morphologic and morphometric study on the perichromatin granules in normal and tumor lymph node cells. C R Acad Bulg Sci 30: 1347–1350Google Scholar
- Valkov I, Radeva V, Roussev G (1982) Nuclear ultrastructure of the newt’s neuroepithelial cells after treatment with embryoactive substances. Verh Anat Ges 76: 237–238Google Scholar
- Valkov I, Topov J, Vassilev N (1984) Nuclear ribonucleoprotein structures in malignancy. Proceedings, 13th European congress on cytology, Varna, Bulgaria, Sept 27–29, p 204Google Scholar
- Valkov I, Popov A, Goranova I (1987) On the complex approach in the differential diagnosis between primary and metastatic lymph node tumors. Pathol Res Pract 182 (4): 570–571Google Scholar