Extranuclear Extrusions of Nucleolar Material During Diplotene in Microsporocytes of Larix decidua Mill
Our earlier studies on anther meiosis in Larix decidua Mill. have revealed increased metabolic activity in microsporocytes during diplotene. It is reflected, among other things, in the variation of the total protein content, and in the last diplotene phase, also in high level of protein synthesis /Chwirot and Górska-Brylass 1981/, in considerable variations in the activity level of the two mitochondrial enzymes, Mg2+ ATPase and cytochrome c-oxi-dase /Chwirot and Górska-Brylass 1987/ and in endogenous auxin content /Górska-Brylass et al. 198l/.
KeywordsGlutaraldehyde Uranyl Taxus Uridine Ribos
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chwirot WB, Górska-Brylass A/1981/ Variations of total protein content and protein synthesis during microsporogenesis in Larix europaea DC. Acta Soc Bot Pol 50:33–38Google Scholar
- Górska-Brylass A, Chwirot WB, Michalski L /1981/ 1AA-peroxidase relation in the microsporocytes and anther wall during seccessive stages of meio-sis in Larix europaea DC. Acta Soc Bot Pol 50:67–73Google Scholar
- Hubbell HR, Rothblum LJ, Hsu TC /l979/ Identification of a silver binding protein associated with the cytological silver staining of actively transcribing nucleolar regions. Cell Biol Int Rep :6l5–622Google Scholar
- Pennel RJ, Bell PR/1986/ Intracellular RNA during microsporogenesis in plants: Taxus baccata as a model system. Acta Soc Bot Pol 55:11–16Google Scholar
- Ploton D, Menager M, Adnet JJ /1985/ Simultaneous ultras true tural localization of Ag-NOR /nucleolar organizer region/ proteins and ribonucleoprote-ins during mitosis, in human breast cancerous tissues. J Cell Sci 77:239–256Google Scholar
- Willemse MTHM/1971/ Morphological and quantitative changes in the population of cell organelles during microsporogenesis of Pinus silvestris L. 1 Morphological changes from zygotene until prometaphase I Acta Bot Neerl 20:261–274Google Scholar