Contexts in the cellular communications: How the mobile cells recognize right partner cells to talk with?
Having learned from Sir MacFalane Burnet, cellular immunologists see the immune response as a sociobiologic phenomenon where dynamics of interactions between constituent cells finally make the decision of the system itself. It is also analogous to the nervous system where an adequate response is made through the communication between the cellular components whose interconnectedness is precisely predetermined. Unlike the hepatic parenchymal cells, the cells in both systems are characterized by an enormous diversity and polymorphism, and exchange signs and signals to produce a meaningful response.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tada, T., Abe, R., Uracz, W., Yagi, J., Miyatani, S., Kumagai, Y., Ochi, A. and Fujisawa, I.: Synaptic structures in the immunological circuit. In: Regulation of the Immune System. Cantor, H., Chess, L. and Sercarz, E. (eds.), Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York. p. 663, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Dorf, M.E., Minami, M., Usui, M. and Aoki, I.: The NP suppressor- cell cascade. Progr. Immunol. V: 779, 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.Benacerraf, B.: Genetic control of the specificity of T lymphocytes and their regulatory products. Progr. Immunol. IV:419, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Klein, J.: In: Natural History of the Major Histocompatibility Complex. John Wiley & Sons, New York. 1986.Google Scholar
- Sano, K., Fujisawa, I., Abe, R., Asano, Y. and Tada, T.: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)-restricted minimal regulatory circuit initiated by a class II-autoreactive T cell clone. J, Exp. Med. 1987 (in press).Google Scholar
- Nakayama, T., Kubo, M., Gomi, H., Asano, Y. and Tada, T.: MHC-restricted augmenting T cells induced by in vitro cultivation of antigen-preimed T cells. — A new parallelism between suppressor and augmenting circuits —. (submitted).Google Scholar
- 11.Abe, R., Yagi, J., Asano, Y. and Tada, T.: Epitopes associated with the MHC restriction site of T cells. I. Selective expression of Iat epitopes on. H-2~restricted helper T cells. J. Immunol. 1987 (in press).Google Scholar