Exploration Strategies for Primary Tin Deposits
Primary tin deposits are becoming an increasingly attractive exploration target, particularly for well capitalized, and technologically advanced expoloration companies.
The exploration procedures for such tin deposits are rather different from the ones utilized for other mineral deposits; although they are still tentatively known they are developing fast.
The paper briefly reviews exploration targets, field techniques and costs in the search for hard-rock, possibly low-grade, tin resources.
KeywordsExploration Strategy Regional Exploration Lachlan Fold Belt Exploration Cost Market Economy Country
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bailly, P.A., 1972. Mineral exploration philosophy: Mining Cong. Jour., v. 58, No. 4, 31–35.Google Scholar
- Bettencourt, J.S., Damasceno, E.C., Fontanelli, W.S., Franco, J.R.M. and Pereira, N.M., 1981. Brazilian tin deposits and potential. I.T.C. Fifth World Conference on Tin, Kuala Lumpur, 1981 (pre-print, 69 p.).Google Scholar
- Ishihara, S., Sawata, H., Arpornsuwan, S., Busaracome, P., Bungbrakearti, N., 1979. The magnetite-series and ilmenite-series granitoids and their bearing on tin mineralization, particularly of the Malay Peninsula region. Geol. Soc. Malaysia Bull. 11, 103–110.Google Scholar
- Hosking, K.F.G., 1979. Tin distribution patterns. Geol. Soc. Malaysia Bull. Vol. 11, 1–70.Google Scholar
- Plimer, I.R., 1980. A review of the principal types of tin deposits in the world and models for their genesis in “Tin in South Eastern Australia” S.M.E.D.G. Seminar, 1982, 1–3.Google Scholar
- Rich, P.J.H., 1980. Future of tin as a tonnage commodity. Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., Sect. A, 88: A8–A16.Google Scholar
- Rongfu, P., Zhizong and Mingke, Fu., 1983. A preliminary discussion on the reasonable sequence of solid mineral prospecting exploration and development. Bulletin of the Chinese Academy of Geol., Sciences, N. 5 Beijing, 13–16.Google Scholar
- Sainsbury, C.L., 1969. Tin resources of the world, Bulletin U.S. Geol. Survey, 1301, 55 p.Google Scholar
- Suensilpong, S., Putthapiban, P., Mantajit, N., 1983. Some aspects of tin granite and its relationship to tectonic setting. Geol. Soc. of America Memoir 159, 77–85.Google Scholar
- Taylor, R.G., 1979. Geology of tin deposits. Amsterdam, Elsevier, 1979, 543 p.Google Scholar