The ability to repair tissue injuries is essential for survival and is a prerequisite for all surgical intervention. Wound healing is influenced by many factors, quite a few of which are instrumental in cancer patients or are related to different types of oncological therapy.
KeywordsHydrocortisone Anemia Oncol Doxorubicin Methotrexate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Roy van Zuidewijn DBW, Hendriks T, Wobbes T, Klompmakers AA, de Baer HHM (1987) Healing of experimental colonic anastomoses: effect of antineoplastic agents. Eur J Surg Oncol 13: 27Google Scholar
- Gupta RC, Singh LM, Udenpor KN (1970) Effect of cyclophosphamide on the process of wound healing. Indian J Surg 32: 127–132Google Scholar
- Hunt TK (ed) (1980) Wound healing and wound infection. Ap-pleton-Century-Crofts, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Laato M (1988) The effect of epidermal growth factor on granulation tissue formation in the rat. Acta Chir Scand Suppl. 546Google Scholar
- Peacock EE, van Winkle W (1976) Wound repair. Saunders, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Pohle EA, Ritchie G, Wright CS (1931) Studies of the effect of röntgen rays on the healing of wounds. Radiology 16: 445–460Google Scholar
- Shamberger R (1985) Effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on wound healing: experimental studies. In: Metzger U, Largiadér F, Senn HJ Recent results in cancer research, vol 98, perioperative chemotherapy. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York Tokyo pp 17–34Google Scholar
- Silwer IA (1980) The physiology of wound healing. In: Hunt TK (ed) Wound healing and wound infection. Applet-on-Century-Crofts, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Staije J, Milovanovic A (1970) Radiation and wound healing: evolution of tensile strength in excised skin wound of irradiated rats. Strahlentherapie 139: 87–90Google Scholar
- Staley CJ, Trippel OH, Preston FW (1961) Influence of 5-fluor-ouracil on wound healing. Surgery 49: 450–453Google Scholar
- Zelman D, Song IC, Porteous DD, Bromberg BE (1969) The effect of total body irradiation on wound healing and the hematopoetic system in mice. Bull NY Acad Med 45: 293–300Google Scholar