The ability to repair tissue injuries is essential for survival and is a prerequisite for all surgical intervention. Wound healing is influenced by many factors, quite a few of which are instrumental in cancer patients or are related to different types of oncological therapy.
KeywordsWound Healing Wound Dehiscence Antineoplastic Drug Intestinal Anastomosis Anastomotic Healing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Roy van Zuidewijn DBW, Hendriks T, Wobbes T, Klompmakers AA, de Baer HHM (1987) Healing of experimental colonic anastomoses: effect of antineoplastic agents. Eur J Surg Oncol 13: 27Google Scholar
- Gupta RC, Singh LM, Udenpor KN (1970) Effect of cyclophosphamide on the process of wound healing. Indian J Surg 32: 127–132Google Scholar
- Hunt TK (ed) (1980) Wound healing and wound infection. Ap-pleton-Century-Crofts, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Laato M (1988) The effect of epidermal growth factor on granulation tissue formation in the rat. Acta Chir Scand Suppl. 546Google Scholar
- Peacock EE, van Winkle W (1976) Wound repair. Saunders, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Pohle EA, Ritchie G, Wright CS (1931) Studies of the effect of röntgen rays on the healing of wounds. Radiology 16: 445–460Google Scholar
- Shamberger R (1985) Effect of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on wound healing: experimental studies. In: Metzger U, Largiadér F, Senn HJ Recent results in cancer research, vol 98, perioperative chemotherapy. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York Tokyo pp 17–34Google Scholar
- Silwer IA (1980) The physiology of wound healing. In: Hunt TK (ed) Wound healing and wound infection. Applet-on-Century-Crofts, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Staije J, Milovanovic A (1970) Radiation and wound healing: evolution of tensile strength in excised skin wound of irradiated rats. Strahlentherapie 139: 87–90Google Scholar
- Staley CJ, Trippel OH, Preston FW (1961) Influence of 5-fluor-ouracil on wound healing. Surgery 49: 450–453Google Scholar
- Zelman D, Song IC, Porteous DD, Bromberg BE (1969) The effect of total body irradiation on wound healing and the hematopoetic system in mice. Bull NY Acad Med 45: 293–300Google Scholar