Operational Merging of Satellite, Airborne and Surface Gravity Data by Draping Techniques
In merging surface gravity data with airborne- and satellite-gravity data, a problem of inconsistency at long- and medium-wavelengths occurs. To deal with this problem, a draping technique can be used, which is an empirical technique by which the consistency is imposed upon airborne- and satellite-gravity data by appropriate corrections. The present paper describes some of the techniques used in a recent attempt to merge gravity data over parts of Greenland and the surrounding waters (59°-76°N, 15°-72°W). The least squares collocation draping techniques were implemented in the GRAVSOFT software system.
KeywordsEurope Covariance Rene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Forsberg, R., and J.M. Brozena (1993). The Greenland Airborne Gravity Project — Comparison of Airborne and Terrestrial Gravity Data. In: H. Montag and Ch. Reigberg (Eds.). Geodesy and the Physics of the Earth. IAG Symposia 112, Springer Verlag, pp. 171–175.Google Scholar
- Forsberg, R., and S. Kenyon (1994). Evaluation of Downward Continuation of Airborne Gravity Data — the Greenland Example. In: M.E. Cannon and G. Lechapelle (Eds.). Proc. Int. Symp. On Kinematic Systems in Geodesy, Geomatics and Navigation. Banff, Canada, Aug. 30- Sep. 2, 1994, Publ. Univ. of Calgary, pp. 531–538.Google Scholar
- Knudsen, P., and O. B. Andersen (1997). Improved Recovery of the Global Marine Gravity Field from the Geosat and the ERS-1 Geodetic Mission Altimetry. Proc. Int. Symp. on Gravity, Geoid and Marine Geodesy, Sept. 1996, Tokyo, Japan, Springer Verlag, pp. 429–436.Google Scholar
- Moritz, H. (1980). Advanced Physical Geodesy. Herbert Wichmann Verlag.Google Scholar
- Strykowski, G., R. Forsberg, and M.D. Larsen (1996). Acquisition and Processing of High Precision Greenland Marine Gravity Data. Phys. Chem. Earth, 21, pp. 353–356.Google Scholar
- Tscherning, C.C., R.Forsberg, and P. Knudsen (1992). The Gravsoft Package for Geoid Determination. In: Holota P. and M. Vermeer (Eds.) Proc. IAG, First Continental Workshop on the Geoid in Europe. ISBN 80-901319-2-1, pp 327–334, Prague, Czechoslovakia, May 11–14, 1992.Google Scholar