PCA, Neural Networks and Estimation for Face Detection
A generative neural network model, constrained by non-face examples chosen by an iterative algorithm, is applied to face detection. To extend the detection ability in orientation and to decrease the number of false alarms, different combinations of networks are tested: ensemble, conditional ensemble and conditional mixture of networks. The use of a conditional mixture of networks obtains better results on different benchmark face databases than state-of-the-art.
KeywordsFalse Alarm False Alarm Rate Face Detector Face Database Detection Ability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Baldi, P. and Hornik, K., 1989]
- [Collobert, M. et al., 1996]Collobert, M., Feraud, R., Le Tourneur, G., Bernier, O., Viallet, J.E, Mahieux, Y., and Collobert, D. (1996). Listen: a system for locating and tracking individual speaker. In Second International Conference On Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition.Google Scholar
- [Feraud, R. et al., 1997]Feraud, R., Bernier, O., and Collobert, D. (1997). A constrained generative model applied to face detection. Neural Processing Letters.Google Scholar
- [Geman, S. et al., 1992]
- [Jacobs, R. A. et al., 1991]
- [Kramer, 1991]
- [Raviv, Y. and Intrator, N., 1996]
- [Rowley, H. et al., 1995]Rowley, H., Baluja, S., and Kanade, T. (1995). Human face detection in visual scenes. In Neural Information Processing Systems 8.Google Scholar
- [Sung, K. and Poggio, T., 1994]Sung, K. and Poggio, T. (1994). Example-based learning for view-based human face detection. Technical report, M.I.T.Google Scholar
- [Turk, M. and Pentland, A., 1991]
- [Vapnik, 1995]