Percutaneous dihydrotestosterone treatment
The aim of hormone replacement therapy is to obtain normal physiologic levels of sex steroids.
KeywordsPercutaneous Absorption Testosterone Undecanoate Male Hypogonadism Plasma Estradiol Level Aromatase Deficiency
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhasin S, Swerdloff RS, Steiner B, Peterson MA, Meridores T, Galmirini M, Pandian MR, Goldberg R, Berman N (1992) A biodegradable testosterone microcapsule formulation provides uniform eugonadal levels of testosterone for 10–11 weeks in hypogonadal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 74: 75–83CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Delignieres B, Morville R (1980) Treatment of male hypogonadism by topical administration of androgens. Percutaneous absorption of steroids. P Mauvais-Jarvis, CFH/Vickers, J Wepierre (eds) Academic Press, pp 273–283Google Scholar
- Fiet J, Morville R, Chemama D, Vilette JM, Gourmel B, Brerault JL, Dreux C (1982) Percutaneous absorption of 5a dihydrotestosterone in man. I. Plasma androgen and gonadotropin levels in normal adult men after percutaneous administration of 5a didydrotestos- terone. Int J Androl 5: 586–594PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Grinspoon S, Corcoran C, Lee K, Burrows B, Hubbard J, Katznelson L, Walsh M, Guccione A, Cannan J, Heller H, Basgoz N, Klibanski A (1996) Loss of lean body and muscle mass correlates with androgen levels in hypogonadal men with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and wasting. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 81: 4051–4058PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Jayle MF (1980) In memoriam. Percutaneous absorption of steroids. P Mauvais-Jarvis, CFH Vickers, J Wepierre (eds) Academic Press, 273–283Google Scholar
- Lindzey J, Wetsel WC, Stoker T, Cooper R, Couse JF, Korach KS (1997) Steroid regulation of hypothalamic GnRH and serum LH levels in male estrogen receptor knock out mice. The Endocrine Society 79th meeting. Minneapolis, MN: Abstract OR 16–3Google Scholar
- Meikle AW, Mazer NA, Moellmer JF, Stringham JD, Tolman KG, Sanders SW, Odell WD (1992) Enhanced transdermal delivery of testosterone across the nonscrotal skin produces physiological concentrations of testosterone and its metabolites in hypogonadal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 74: 623–628PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Spark R, Brewster SE, Libman H, Dezube BJ (1997) Dihydrotestosterone gel: a novel androgen for AIDS wasting syndrome. The Endocrine Society 79th meeting. Minneapolis, MN: Abstract PI–319Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1998