Some News about C.A.MAN Computer Assisted Analysis of Mixtures
The paper reviews recent developments in the area of computer assisted analysis of mixture distributions (C.A.MAN). Nonparametric mixture distribution modelling heterogeneity in populations can become the standard model in many biometric applications since it also incorporates the homogeneous situations as a special case. The approach is nonparametric for the mixing distribution including leaving the number of components (subpopulations) of the mixing distribution unknown. Besides developments in theory and algorithms the work focuses in various biometric applications.
KeywordsMixture Model Mixed Generalize Linear Model Unobserved Heterogeneity Mixture Distribution Disease Mapping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BAGOZZI, R. P. (1995): Advanced Methods of Marketing Research. Cambridge (Mass.), Blackwell.Google Scholar
- BOHNING, D. (1989): Likelihood inference for mixtures: geometrical and other constructions of monotone step-length algorithms Biometrika 76, 375 - 383.Google Scholar
- DEMPSTER, A.P., LAIRD, N.M., and RUBIN, D.B. (1977): Maximum likelihood estimation from incomplete data via the EM algorithm (with discussion). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B 39, 1 - 38.Google Scholar
- DICKERSIN, K. and BERLIN, J.A. (1992): Meta-analysis: state-of-the-science. Epidemiologic Reviews 14, 154 - 176.Google Scholar
- DIETZ, E. and BÖHNING, D. (1996): Statistical Inference Based on a General Model of Unobserved Heterogeneity. In: Fahrmeir, L., Francis, F., Gilchrist, R., Tutz, G. (Eds.), Advances in GLIM and Statistical Modeling. Lecture Notes in Statistics, Springer Verlag. Berlin, 75–82.Google Scholar
- FENG, Z.D. and McCULLOCH, C.E. Using Bootstrap likelihood ratios in finite mixture models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B 58, 609–617.Google Scholar
- McLACHLAN, G.F. and BASFORD, K.E. (1988): Mixture Models. Inference and Applications to Clustering. New York, Marcel Dekker.Google Scholar
- SCHLATTMANN, P. and BÖHNING, D. (1993): Mixture Models and Disease Mapping. Statistics in Medicine 12, 943 - 50.Google Scholar