Induction of fgr Proto-oncogene mRNA in B Lymphocytes as a Consequence of Epstein-Barr Virus Infection
- 49 Downloads
The discovery that the v-sis oncogene was derived from a normal growth factor gene represented the first link between a transforming gene and a known cellular function. More recently, two additional retrovirus onc genes have been shown to be altered versions of normal cellular genes encoding cell surface receptors for other growth factors, namely epidermal growth factor (EGF) (Downward et al., 1984; Ullrich et al., 1984) and very likely colony stimulating factor-1 (CSF-l) (Sherr et al., 1985).
KeywordsLymphoma Cell Line RAMOS Cell Normal Human Peripheral Blood Normal Human Lung Tissue Dhfr mRNA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams SL, Sobel ME, Howard BH, Olden K, Yamada KM, Crombrugghe BD, Pastan I (1977) Levels of translatable mRNAs for cell surface protein collagen precursors, and two membrane proteins are altered in Rous sarcoma virus-transformed chick embryo fibroblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 74: 3399–3404PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Giard DJ, Aaronson SA, Todaro GJ, Arnstein P, Kersey JH, Dosik H, Parks WP (1973) In vitro cultivation of human tumors: establishment of cell lines derived from a series of solid tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst 51:1417–1423Google Scholar
- Klein G, Giovanella B, Westman A, Stehlin JS, Mumford D (1975) An EBV genome negative cell line established from an American Burkitt lymphoma, receptor characteristics, EBV infectibility and permanent conversion into EBV-positive sublines by in vitro infection. Intervirology 5: 319–334Google Scholar
- Ley TJ, Anagnou NP, Pepe G, Niehuis AW (1982) RNA processing errors in patientsGoogle Scholar
- with B-thalassemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 79:4775–4779Google Scholar
- Naharro G, Dunn CY, Robbins KC (1983) Analysis of the primary translational product and integrated DNA of a new feline sarcoma virus, GR-FeSV. Virology 125: 502–507Google Scholar
- Naharro G, Tronick SR, Rasheed S, Gardner MB, Aaronson SA, Robbins KC (1983) Molecular cloning of integrated Gardner-Rasheed feline sarcoma virus: Genetic structure of its cell-derived sequence differs from that of other tyrosine kinase coding one genes. J Virol 47: 611–619Google Scholar
- Ullrich A, Bell JR, Chen EY, Herrera R, Petruzzelli LM, Dull TJ, Gray A, Coussens L, Liao Y-C, Tsubokawa M, Mason A, Seeburg PH, Grunfeld C, Rosen OM, Ramachandran J (1985) Human insulin receptor and its relationship to the tyrosine kinase family of oncogenes. Nature 313: 756–761PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar