Expression of T-Cell Receptor by a Mouse Monoclonal Antigen-Specific Suppressor T-Cell Line
The antigen receptor expressed by mouse T lymphocytes is composed of a disul- fide-linked dimer of about 85K, resolved under reducing conditions in two sub-units with an apparent Mr of approximately 42K (Allison et al. 1982; Kappler et al. 1983). The antigen-specific receptor expressed by human T lymphocytes displays a similar structure, but the two subunits, denominated α and β chain, have a Mr of about 51K and 43K, respectively (Meuer et al. 1983; Acuto et al. 1983).
KeywordsHPLC Albumin Lymphoma Tyrosine Leukemia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adorini L, Harvey MA, Miller A, Sercarz EE (1979) The specificity of regulatory T cells. II. Suppressor and helper T cells are induced by different regions of hen egg-white lysozyme in a genetically non responder mouse strain. J Exp Med 150: 293-306Google Scholar
- Adorini L, Harvey MA, Rozycka-Jackson D, Miller A, Sercarz EE (1980) Differential major histocompatibility complex-related activation of idiotypie suppressor T cells. Suppressor T cells cross- reactive to two distantly related lysozymes are not induced by one of them. J Exp Med 152: 521–531Google Scholar
- Adorini L, Colizzi V, Doria G, Ricciardi-Castagnoli P (1984) Immunoregulation of lysozyme-specific suppression. II. Hen egg-white lysozyme-specific monoclonal suppressor T cell factor suppresses the afferent phase of delayed-type hypersensitivity and induces second-order suppressor T cells. Eur J Immunol 14: 826–830Google Scholar
- Hedrick SM, Germain RN, Bevan MJ, Dorf M, Engel I, Fink P, Gascoigne N, Heber-Katz E, Kapp J, Kaufmann Y, Kaye J, Melchers F, Pierce C, Schwartz RH, Sorensen C, Taniguchi M, Davis MM (1985) Rearrangement and transcription of a T cell receptor beta gene in different T cell subsets. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82: 531–535PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kronenberg M, Steinmetz M, Kobori J, Kraig E, Kapp JA, Pierce CW, Sorensen CM, Suzuki G, Tada T, Hood L (1983) RNA transcripts for I-J polypeptides are apparently non encoded between the I-A and I-E subregions of the murine major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 80: 5704–5708PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Phillips DR, Agin PP (1977) Platelet plasma membrane glycoproteins. Evidence for the presence of nonequivalent disulfide bonds using nonreduced-reduced two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. J Biol Chem 252: 2121–2126Google Scholar
- Sette A, Colizzi V, Appella E, Doria G, Adorini L (1986) Analysis of lysozyme-specific immune responses by synthetic peptides. I. Characterization of antibody and T cell-mediated responses to the N-terminal peptide of hen egg-white lysozyme. Eur J Immunol 16: 1–6Google Scholar