Radioimmunodetection of Malignant Melanoma with Radiolabelled (131I, 123I, 111In, 99mTc) Monoclonal Antibodies and F(ab′)2 Fragments
Several research projects involving the production, the characterization and the utilization in clinical oncology of monoclonal antibodies (MoAb) to tumor-associated antigens expressed by different tumors, are currently in progress at the Istituto Nazionale Tumori of Milan (Italy). After the significant results obtained with immunoscintigraphy by Goldenberg et al. , Mach et al. , and Larson et al. , our group adopted this new approach to tumor imaging as a priority research field.
KeywordsSingle Photon Emission Computerize Tomography Tumor Imaging Italian National Research Council Radiolabelled Antibody Radiolabelled Monoclonal Antibody
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Ferrone S, Giacomini P, Natali PG, Ruiter D, Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Rosa U (1983) A human high molecular weight-melanoma associated antigen (HMW-MAA) defined by monoclonal antibodies. First Int. Meet. on Boron Neutron Capture MIT Boston, 12–14 October 1983, pp 174–183Google Scholar
- 6.Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Ferrone S, Turrin A, Cascinelli N, Attili A, Bombardieri E, Mariani G, Deleide G (1984) In vivo immunodiagnosis with radiolabelled anti-melanoma antibodies and F(ab′)2 fragments. Nuclear medizin: Proceedings of the 21 Int. Ann Meet SNME Ulm 13–16 Sept. 1983. Schattauer, Stuttgart, pp 713–716Google Scholar
- 7.Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Mariani G, Turrin A, Cascinelli N, Attili A, Bombardieri E, Terno G, Plassio G, Dovis M, Mazzucca N, Natali PG, Scassellati D, Rosa U, Ferrone S (1985) Imaging with 131I-labelled monoclonal antibodies to a high molecular weight-melanoma: efficacy of whole Ig and its Fab2 fragments. Cancer Res 45:3378–3387PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Turrin A, Cascinelli N, Attili A, Emanuelli H, Gasparini M, Deleide G, Plassio G, Dovis M, Mariani G, Natali PG, Scassellati A, Rosa U, Ferrone S (1984) Immunoscintigraphy with 123I, 99mTc and 111In-labelled F (ab′)2 fragments of monoclonal antibodies to a human high molecular weight-melanoma associated antigen. J Nucl Med Allied Sci 28 :283–295PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 9.Buraggi GL, Turrin A, Cascinelli N, Attili A, Terno G, Bombardieri E, Gasparini M, Seregni E (1986) Immunoscintigraphy with antimelanoma monoclonal antibodies. Immunoscintigraphy Proceedings of Saariselka Int. Meet. 1984. Gordon and Breach, London (in press)Google Scholar
- 10.Callegaro L, Ferrone S, Plassio G, Dovis M, Mariani G, Buraggi GL, Boniolo A, Rosa U (1983) Biochemical characterization of monoclonal antibodies and F(ab′)2 fragments against human melanoma associated antigen labelled with different radioactive isotopes. J Nucl Med Allied Sci 27:82–85Google Scholar
- 11.Natali PG, Cavaliere R, Matsui M, Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Ferrone S (1984) Human melanoma associated antigens identified with monoclonal antibodies: characterization and potential clinical application. In: Cutaneous melanoma and precursor lesions. Nijhoff, BostonGoogle Scholar