Strange Attractors in the Dynamics of Brain Activity
Mammalian brain is certainly one of the most complex systems encountered in nature. It is made of billions of cells endowed with individual electrical activity and interconnected in a highly intricate network. The cell-cell interaction is characterized by nonlinear dynamics in which time delays must also be considered .
KeywordsPhase Space Phase Portrait Sleep Stage Strange Attractor Deep Sleep
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Rechtshaffen and A. Kales, A manual standardized terminology, techniques and scoring system from sleep stages of human subject. (UCLA 1968).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Takens, in Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 898 (eds. Rand, D.A. and Young L.S.) (Springer, Berlin, 1981).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Babloyantz and C. Nicolis, Submitted to J. Theor. Biol.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Babloyantz, J.M. Salazar and C. Nicolis, Submitted to Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Wolf, J.B. Swift, H.L. Swinney and J.A. Vastano, In press Physica D (1985).Google Scholar