Indirect Antibiotic Effects on Granulocyte Migration and Phagocytosis
It is well known that patients with low numbers of neutrophil granulocytes or with different mal-functions of neutrophil granulocytes  do become infected more easily and that infections tend to be more serious in these patients than in individuals with normal granulocytes .
KeywordsAntimicrob Agent Chemotactic Factor Neutrophil Granulocyte Fusidic Acid Betalactam Antibiotic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bellashéne A, Forsgren AJ (1980) Effect of rifampin on the immune response in mice. Infect Imm 27: 15Google Scholar
- 3.Belsheim J (1981) A modified leukocyte migration under agarose technique (LMAT). Acta path mibrobiol scand Sect C 89: 167Google Scholar
- 5.Forsgren A, Bacnk G, Beckman H, Bellashéne A (1980) Antibiotic-host defence interactions in vitro and in vivo. Scand J Infect Dis 24: 195Google Scholar
- 7.Gemmell CG (1984) Potentiation of phagocytosis of pathogenic bacteria by exposure to low concentrations of antibiotics (Leading article) J Antimicrob Chemother 13: 407Google Scholar
- 8.Gnarpe H, Belsheim J (1981) Direct and Indirect effects of antibiotics on granulocyte activity. J Antimicrob Chemother 8, Suppl. C. 71Google Scholar
- 10.Gnarpe H, Belsheim J (1985) Interaction of Antibiotics with Granulocytes and Lymphocytes. Zbl Bakt Suppl 13, 123Google Scholar
- 12.Hed J (1977) The extinction of fluorescence by crystal violet and its use to differentiate between attached and ingested organisms in phagocytosis. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 1: 357Google Scholar
- 14.O’Brien J, Friedlander A, Dreier T, Ezzell J, Leppla S (1985) Effects of Anthrax Toxin Components on Human Neutrophils. Infect Imm 47: 306Google Scholar
- 15.Oleske JM (1984) Effects of antimicrobials on host defence mechanisms (Leading article) J Antimicrob Chemother 13: 413Google Scholar
- 16.Prokesh RC, Hand WL (1982) Antibiotic entry into human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 21: 373Google Scholar
- 18.Yoshida T, Cohen S, Bigazzi PE, Kuraswij T, Amsden A (1975) Inflammatory mediators in culture filtrates of Escherichia coli. Amer. J. Path. 81: 389Google Scholar