Long Range Correlations in a Non Equilibrium System
A very remarkable property exhibited by non equilibrium systems is the appearance of coherence and long range order . Once subjected to a constraint which maintains a system in a nonequilibrium steady state, fluctuations which occur in its different parts, are not independent. The correlation extends over the size of the sample [2–5]. We shall here study the origin of this behaviour in a simple example and describe a simulation set up in order to demonstrate this property.
KeywordsEquilibrium System Particle Number Density Range Correlation Nonequilibrium Steady State Nonequilibrium Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See the paper by G.Nicolis, F.Baras and M.Malek Mansour in this volume.Google Scholar
- 2. a.
- 2. b.
- 2. c.
- 5.See the review article by A.M.S.Tremblay in Recent Developments in nonequilibrium thermodynamics, Springer Verlag (1984)Google Scholar
- 6. a.
- 6. b.M. Mareschal, E. Kestemont, Phys.Rev.A(August 1 984)Google Scholar
- 7.L.D. Landau, E. F. Lifschitz, Fluids Mechanics, Pergamon, Oxford (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.R. Courant, D. Hilbert, Methods of Mathematical Physics, Interscience, New York (1953)Google Scholar