Quasiperiodicity in Chemical Dynamics
Historically, the first description of the transition toward turbulent behavior turbulence predicts chaos to occur after the appearance of complicated dynamics with at least 2 or 3 frequencies (1) (or an infinity according to LANDAU). Although chaotic dynamics were unambiguously identified in chemical systems (2), quasiperiodicity — dynamics with at least two frequencies- was never observed. In this paper we present experimental identifications of such dynamics and of the bifurcations by which they are born and by which they die.
KeywordsHopf Bifurcation Chaotic Dynamic Chemical System Chemical Dynamics Complicated Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- -2).H. L. SWINNEY and J.-C. ROUX This volumeGoogle Scholar
- -3).F. TAKENS Lectures notes in Mathematics ed. by D.A. RAND and L. S. YOUNG (Springer, Berlin — Heidelberg New York 1981) p366Google Scholar
- -5).W. F. LANGFORD in “Nonlinear Dynamics and Turbulence” ed. by I. BARENBLATT, G. IOOSS, D. D. JOSEPH (Pittman 1983) p215Google Scholar
- -6).F. ARGOUL, P. RICHETTI, A.ARNEODO This volumeGoogle Scholar
- -7).J.C. ROUX, P.RICHETTI, A. ARNEODO, F. ARGOUL J.M.T.A. (to appear)Google Scholar