Functional Specification of an Expert System for the Problem of Choosing Appropriate Sensor-Equipment for Robot Application
A functional specification of an expert system for the problem of choosing appropriate sensor principles, sensor equipment and interfaces is presented. A top-down approach to understand and to describe the robot introduction process in the view of expert system designers was undertaken and some formalized, formalizable and heuristic parts were isolated. The subtask of choosing sensor principles and sensor types is described in more detail. Following this step the requirements for the knowledge representation formalism are reported. The heuristic decision making process as realized today is illustrated with an example. Simple examples from a first rule-set are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.Ahrens, U.: Sensoren zur Steuerung von Industrierobotern, Proc. 13. GI-Jahrestagung, Springer, Berlin, 1983Google Scholar
- /2/.Banks, W.: Expert Systems for Sensor Use, Sensors, May 1984, pp. 2–6Google Scholar
- /3/.Fürchtenicht, H.W.; Kippe, J.: Expertensysteme und ihre Einsatzmöglichkeiten, FhG-Fachberichte 2, 1983, pp 34–38Google Scholar
- /4/.Hayes-Roth, F.; Waterman, D.A.; Lenat, D.B.: Building Expert Systems, Addison Wesley, Reading, 1983Google Scholar
- /5/.Raulefs, P.: Expert Systems: State of the Art and Future Prospects, Proc. GWAI 82, Springer, pp 98–111Google Scholar
- /6/.Schmidt-Streier, U.; Altenhein, A.: Computer-Aided Procedure for the Application Planning of Industrial Robots, Proc. 13. ISIR, Robots 7, Detroit, 1983Google Scholar
- /7/.Warnecke, H.-J.; Schraft, R.-D.: Industrieroboter, Krausskopf, Mainz, 1979Google Scholar