Part of the Springer Series in Electrophysics book series (SSEP, volume 17)
Fundamental design studies based on the four design objectives will now be described with examples, along with some guidelines for acoustic design in concert halls.
KeywordsAutocorrelation Function Sound Pressure Sound Pressure Level Quadratic Residue Floor Surface
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.1Y. Ando, T. Waki: “An Acoustic Improvement of a Hall Based on Subjective preference Judgments”, Report of the Meeting of the Acoustical Society of Japan, 595–596 (October 1978), in Japanese, see also Y. Ando, D. Noson: J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 74(S1), S83 (A) (1983)Google Scholar
- 6.3Z. W. Qian: Personal communicationGoogle Scholar
- 6.8G. von Békésy: Sensory Inhibition (Princeton U. Press, Princeton 1967) Chap. 5Google Scholar
- 6.10I. Nakayama: Acustica 54, 217–221 (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.11I. Nakayama: “Preferred Direction of a Single Echo for Music Performers”, Reports of the Meeting of the Acoustical Society of Japan, 487–488 (March 1984), in JapaneseGoogle Scholar
- 6.12K. Iida, Y. Ando, Z. Maekawa: “Effects of Stage Enclosure on Evaluating Sound Fields for Audience in Concert Halls”, Reports of Meeting of the Acoustical Society of Japan, 543–544 (October 1984), in JapaneseGoogle Scholar
- 6.13L. L. Beranek: Music, Acoustics and Architecture (Wiley, New York 1962) Chap. 6Google Scholar
- 6.16A. H. Marshall: “Concert Hall Shapes for Minimum Masking of Lateral Reflection”, Reports 6th International Congress on Acoustics, Tokyo, Paper E-2-3 (1968)Google Scholar
- 6.17Y. Ando, Z. Maekawa: “Acoustic Design and the Objective Parameters of the Vega-Hall, Takarazuka”, Architectural Acoustics and Noise Control, No. 41, 19–24 (1983), in JapaneseGoogle Scholar
- 6.18“Acoustics for all purposes - but mostly for muscic”, Architectural Record, August 1984, pp. 130–132Google Scholar
- 6.19Y. Ando, D. Noson: J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 74(S1), S83 (A) (1983)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1985