Antigen Report: HLA-Bw57
Data from the Seventh International Histocompatibility Workshop suggested the existence of two alleles subtypic to HLA-B17 [3, 8], and this was confirmed during the Eighth Workshop [4, 5], These alleles are designated HLA-Bw57 and Bw58 and are included in Bw4. During the 72nd International Cell Exchange of Terasaki, another split of B17 was suggested on a cell from a Negro donor (cell 288).
- 1.Cambon A, Thomsen M, Sommer E, Abbal M, Calot M, Ohayon E (1983) Definition of Bw57 and Bw58 with 9W sera and their association with C4 allotypes. Ninth Workshop Newsletter 5: 20–23Google Scholar
- 3.Dick HM (1978) Joint report. HLA-A, B, and C serology and antigen reports. In: Bodmer WF, Batchelor JR, et al (eds) Histocompatibility testing 1977. Munksgaard, Copenhagen, pp 157–204Google Scholar
- 4.Goldmann SF, Bittighofer PM (1980) Joint report. Bw57. In: Terasaki PI (ed) Histocompatibility testing 1980. UCLA Tissue Typing Laboratory, Los Angeles, pp 444–446Google Scholar
- 5.Gyodi E, Petranyi GG (1980) Joint report. Bw58: In: Terasaki PI (ed) Histocompatibility testing 1980. UCLA Tissue Typing Laboratory, Los Angeles, pp 447–449Google Scholar
- 8.Westphal E, Mueller-Eckhardt G, Goldmann SF (1977) HLA-Bw15 and Bw17 in the German populations. Tissue Antigens 10: 173Google Scholar