Attempt of a Unified View
In this Chapter we try to unify the mechanistic details we have been working through in the course of the book, to a general picture of the catalyzed hydrogenation of CO. It should be born in mind that neither the mechanistic details referred to, nor the intended unified picture are proven. They are the best guess, taking into account presently known experimental data, and avoiding to violate known principles of the reaction patterns of transition metal centers.
KeywordsMetal Hydride Chain Growth Glycol Aldehyde Reductive Elimination Metal Carbonyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fischer F, Küster H (1933) Brennstoff-Chem 14:3Google Scholar
- Gold DS, Goldberg I, Cooney CL (1980) 180th ACS Ann Meeting, PETR. 9Google Scholar
- Henrici-Olivé G, Olivé S (1977) Coordination and Catalysis. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim, New York, Chapter 10Google Scholar
- Hoff C, Ungváry F, King RB, Markö L (1984) J Amer Chem Soc, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Houghland AE, Beck JV (1979) Microbios 24:151Google Scholar
- Japan Kokai (1977) 99,288 (to Tanabe Seiyaku Co Ltd.)Google Scholar
- Rachele JR, White AM, Grünewald H (1964) J Biol Chem 239:353Google Scholar
- Szarvas T, Pozsar BI (1979) Proc Hung Ann Meet Biochem 19th, p 35Google Scholar