Storm Surge Predictions for the North Sea by the Quasi-Uniform Wind Pressure Field Method
A new storm-surge prediction method is introduced here with two variations:
Type-A for a daily surge prediction, and
Type-B for a long term (e.g. once-in-50-years) extreme surge prediction.
KeywordsWind Speed Wind Direction Wind Field Storm Surge German Bight
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ishiguro S (1964) Detailed structure of a storm surge in the North Sea. Rev Pétrol 1073 Sect I 110: 1–5.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1966) Storm surges in the North Sea. Advis Com Oceanogr Meteorol 25(iii): l–57.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1967) Storm surge in the North Sea. Rep 6, Step-function responses. Advis Com Oceanogr Meteorol Res 27(iii): l–97.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1972) An electronic model for tides and storm surges in the North Sea. IOS Inter Rep: 1-234.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1976a) Highest surge in the North Sea. IOS Inter Rep 36: 1–31.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1976b) Pressure-generated surge in the North Sea. IOS Inter Rep 35: 1–26.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1979) Meteorological input data processing system. IOS Inter Doc 65: 1–82.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1980a) Position of the minimum-surge area in the North Sea relating to quasi uniform steady wind/pressure fields. IOS Inter Doc 100: 1–13.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1980b) Formulation of the speed-averaging factor for once-in-50-year extreme wind in storm surge prediction. IOS Inter Doc 117: 1–5.Google Scholar
- Ishiguro S (1981) Storm surge prediction by the quasi uniform steady wind/pressure field method. IOS Inter Doc 102: 1–51.Google Scholar
- Pugh DT, Vassie JM (1978) Extreme sea levels from tide and surge probability. Proc 16th Coastal Engineering Conference, Hamburg 1: 911–930.Google Scholar
- Shellard HC (1975) Lerwick anemograph records 1957–1970 and the offshore industry. Meteorol Mag 104: 189–208.Google Scholar
- Shellard HC (1977) Hourly-mean wind speed above the sea surface with an average recurrence period of 50 years. Offshore Instal: Guid design constr 2: 20.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1983