Long Term and Sequential Hemodynamic Investigations in Patients With lonescu-Shiley Pericardial Xenografts
The glutaraldehyde stabilized pericardial xenograft1 has been in clinical use since 1971 and has gained much wider usage since 1976 when it was released for general use. The clinical experience has been gratifying (6, 7, 10). We present herewith the reults of hemodynamic investigations undertaken in 75 patients with pericardial xenograft heart valve replacement.
KeywordsCardiol Glutaraldehyde Rosen Olin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Björk VO, Holmgren A, Olin C, Ovenfors C (1971) Clinical and haemodynamic results of aortic valve replacement with the Björk-Shiley tilting disc valve prosthesis Scand J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 5:177Google Scholar
- 2.Book K (1974) Mitral valve replacement with Björk-Shiley tilting disc valve - A clinical and haemodynamic study in patients with isolated mitral valve lesions. Scand J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg [Suppl 2] 12Google Scholar
- 6.Ionescu MI, Tandon AP (1979) The Ionescu-Shiley pericardial xenograft heart valve. In: Ionescu MI (ed) Tissue heart valves. Butterworths, London, p 201Google Scholar
- 8.Johnson AD, Daily PO, Peterson KL, Le Winter M, Di Donna GJ, Blaire G, Niwayama G (1975) Functional evaluation of the porcine heterograft in the mitral position. Circulation [Suppl 1] 52:40Google Scholar
- 9.Jones EL, Craver JM, Morris DC, King SB III, Douglas JS Jr, Franck RH, Hatcher CR Jr, Morgan EA (1978) Hemodynamic and clinical evaluation of the Hancock xenograft bioprosthesis for aortic valve replacement (with emphasis on management of the small aortic root). J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 75:300PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ott DA, Coelho AT, Cooley DA, Reul GJ Jr (1980) Ionescu-Shiley pericardial xenograft valve: Hemodynamic evaluation and early clinical follow-up of 326 patients. Cardiovasc Dis Bull Texas Heart Inst 7:137Google Scholar
- 12.Rodriguez L (1970) Haemodynamic and angiographic findings in patients with isolated aortic valvular disease before and after insertion of a Starr-Edwards ball-valve prosthesis. Scand J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg [Suppl 1] 5Google Scholar
- 13.Russell T II, Kremkau EL, Kloster P, Starr A (1972) Late haemodynamic function of cloth-covered Starr-Edwards valve prostheses. Circulation [Suppl 1] 45–46:8Google Scholar
- 18.Wright JTM (1979) Hydrodynamic evaluation of tissue valves. In: Ionescu MI (ed) Tissue heart valves. Butterworths, London, p 29Google Scholar