Radiological Approach to Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
Many radiologic methods are available at the present moment for studying diseases of the pancreas [1–29]. Hence, the problem for the radiologist now is not — as it was in the recent past — to get information, often uncertain and late, from the few available procedures, so much as to choose the technique or group of techniques which is most accurate for studying each single pancreatic disease. Indiscriminate use of too many diagnostic techniques should be avoided, if only for economic motives.
KeywordsAcute Pancreatitis Common Bile Duct Chronic Pancreatitis Acute Pancreatitis Specific Diagnosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anacker H (1975) Retrograde pancreatography in inflammatory diseases of the pancreas. In: Anacker H (ed) Efficiency and limits of radiologic examination of the pancreas. Thieme, Stuttgart, pp 194–202Google Scholar
- 7.Eaton SB, Benedict KT, Ferrucci JT, Fleischli DJ (1970) Hypotonic duodenography. Radiol Clin North Am 102:267–274Google Scholar
- 11.Frommhold W, Frommhold H (1975) Value and limitations of intravenous cholangiography in the diagnosis of pancreatic diseases. In: Anacker H (ed) Efficiency and limits of radiologic examination of the pancreas. Thieme, Stuttgart, pp 101–108Google Scholar
- 12.Goldstein HM, Neiman HL, Bookstein JJ (1974) Angiographic evaluation of pancreatic disease. Radiology 121:275–282Google Scholar
- 17.Lee JKT, Stanley RJ, Mfelson GL, Sagel SS (1979) Pancreatic imaging by ultrasound and computed tomography. A general review. Radiol Clin North Am 16:105–117Google Scholar
- 22.Okuda K, Tanikawa K, Emura T, Kuratomi S, Jinnouchi S, Urabe K, Sumikoshi T, Kanda Y, Fukuyama Y, Musha H, Mori H, Shimokawa Y, Yakushiji F, Matsuura Y (1974) Nonsurgical, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography. Diagnostic significance in medical problems of the liver. Am J Dig Dis 19:21–36PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Pistolesi GF, Gortenuti G, Marzoli GP (1975) A comparative study of the roentgenologic evaluation of pancreatic disease. In: Anacker H (ed) Efficiency and limits of radiologic examination of the pancreas. Thieme, Stuttgart, pp 84–91Google Scholar
- 25.Pistolesi GF, Frasson F, Fugazzola C, Taddei G, Caresano A (1977) Angiographic diagnosis of endocrine tumors of the pancreas. Radiol Clin (Basel) 46:401–421Google Scholar
- 27.Reuter SR (1975) Superselective pancreatic angiography. In: Anacker H (ed) Efficiency and limits of radiologic examination of the pancreas. Thieme, Stuttgart, pp 149–158Google Scholar
- 28.Ring EJ, Eaton SB, Ferrucci JT, Short WF (1973) The differential diagnosis of pancreatic calcifications. AJR 117:446–452Google Scholar