Considerations on 100 Anterior Cervical Discectomies Without Fusion
Since 1974 anterior discectomy without fusion for cervical discopathy has been adopted at the Istituto Neurologico of Milan, according to some technical modifications suggested by HIRSCH (4), BOLDREY (1), SUSEN (9), MURPHY and GADO (6). In most cases we have employed the operating microscope.
KeywordsAmyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Interbody Fusion Cervical Disc Operating Microscope Anterior Cervical Discectomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.BOLDREY, E.B.: Anterior cervical decompression (without fusion). Presented at the American Academy of Neurological Surgery, Key Biscayne, Florida 1964Google Scholar
- 4.HIRSCH, C., WICKBOM, I., LINDSTRÖM, A., ROSENGREN, K.: Cervical disc resection. A follow-up of myelographic and surgical procedure. J. Bone Joint Surg. 46A, 1811–1821 (1964)Google Scholar
- 7.ROBERTSON, J.T.: Anterior removal of cervical disc without fusion. Clin. Neurosurg. 20, 259–261 (1972)Google Scholar
- 8.SMITH, G.W., ROBINSON, R.A.: Anterior lateral cervical disc removal and interbody fusion for cervical disc syndrome. Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 96, 223–224 (1955)Google Scholar
- 9.SUSEN, A.F.: Simple anterior cervical discectomy without fusion. Presented at the American Academy of Neurological Surgery, San Francisco, California 1966Google Scholar