Metrizamide Ventriculography and Computed Tomography in Infants and Children
Forty-three infants and children underwent conventional or CT ventriculography after instillation of metrizamide into the ventricular system. The procedure had few complications. Anatomic detail of intraventricular obstruction was good. With CT additional physiologic information can be obtained.
KeywordsFourth Ventricle Chiari Malformation Obstructive Hydrocephalus Sylvian Fissure Compute Tomo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amundsen, P., Foss, O.P., Godal, H.C., Nitter-Hauge, S.: Metrizamide as contrast medium for myelography and ventriculography. Acta Radiol. [Suppl.] 335, 339–345 (1973)Google Scholar
- 4.Fitz, C.R., Harwood-Nash, D.C., Barry, J.F., Byrd, S.E.: Pediatric myelography with metrizamide. (To be published)Google Scholar
- 6.Mori, K., Murata, T., Nakano, Y., Handa, H.: Periventricular lucency in hydrocephalus on computerized tomography. Surg. Neurol. 8, (1977)Google Scholar
- 8.Skalpe, I.O., Amundsen, P.: Clinical results with metrizamide ventriculography. J. Neurosurg. 43 (1975)Google Scholar
- 10.Sklape, I.O., Amundsen, P.: Thoracic and cervical myelography with metrizamide. Clinical experiences with a water-soluble, nonionic contrast medium. Radiology 116, 101–106 (1975)Google Scholar