Irrigation of Field Crops
The successful production of field crops in arid regions is entirely dependent on the use of a sound irrigation program based on a knowledge of the effect of soil-moisture stress on the plant at different stages of its development. This is particularly critical when the crop is grown during that period of the year when there is no rainfall, or when rainfall anticipated during the growing season is not forthcoming.
KeywordsClay Income Assure Aeration Egypt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Robins, J. S., Musick, J. T., Finfrock, D. C., Rhoades, H. F.: Irrigation of principal crops: grain and field crops. In: Irrigation of Agricultural Lands. Hagan, R. M., Haise, H. R., Edminster, T. W. (Eds.). Amer. Soc. Agron., Madison, Wis. (1967).Google Scholar
- Shimshi, D., Gairon, S., Rubin, J.: Experiments on winter cereals in the Northern Negev (in Hebrew). Nat. Univ. Inst. Agr. Prelim. Rep. 419 (1963).Google Scholar
- Shimshi, D.: Supplemental irrigation of wheat 1967–68 (in Hebrew). Progress Rep., Div. of Irrigation, Volcani Inst. Agric. Res. (mimeo.) (1968).Google Scholar
- Bielorai, H., Shimshi, D.: The influence of the depth of wetting and the shortening of the irrigation season on the water consumption and yields of irrigated cotton. Isreal. J. Agric. Res. 13, 55–62 (1963).Google Scholar
- Erie, L. J.: Irrigation management for optimum cotton production. Cotton Gin and Oil Mill Press 64, 30–32(1963).Google Scholar
- Fuchs, M., Stanhill, G.: The use of Class A evaporation pan data to estimate the irrigation water requirement of the cotton crop. Israel J. Agrie. Res. 13, 63–78 (1963).Google Scholar
- Bieloral, H., Mantell, A., Rawit Z. E., Reiss, A., Goldin, E.: Irrigation of peanuts (in Hebrew). In: Research and Experiments in Peanuts. Israel Ministry of Agrie. Ext. Authority Publ. 45, 45–47, (1962).Google Scholar
- Gornat, B., Goldberg, D.: Effect of sprinkler irrigation intensity on the flowering and yield of peanuts grown in three different soils. Israel J. Agric. Res. 17, 187–191 (1967).Google Scholar
- Mantell, A., Goldin, E.: The influence of irrigation frequency and intensity on the yield and quality of peanuts (Arachis hypogaea). Israel J. Agric. Res. 14, 203–210 (1964).Google Scholar
- Matlock, R. S., Garton, J. E., Stone, J. F.: Peanut irrigation studies in Oklahoma, 1956–1959. Bull. Okla. Agric. Expt. Sta. B-580. 19 pp. (1961).Google Scholar