PAC-Learning and Occam’s Razor
Many (algorithmic) learning theories have been developed. The one which is now most often considered originated with L. Valiant (1984) and is called PAC-learning. In this chapter we show an interesting connection between PAC-learning and the principal known as “Occam’s Razor.”
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Board, L. Pitt: On the necessity of Occam algorithms, Proceedings of the 22nd Symposium on Theory of Computing, ACM, 1990, 54-63.Google Scholar
- D. Angluin: Computational learning theory: survey and selected bibliography, Proceedings of the 24th Symposium on Theory of Computing, ACM, 1992, 351-369.Google Scholar
- B. Natarajan: Machine Learning, Morgan Kaufmann, 1991.Google Scholar
- M. Anthony, N. Biggs: Computational Learning Theory, Cambridge University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Li, P. Vitanyi: An Introduction to Kolmogorov Complexity and its Applications j 2nd edition, Springer, 1997.Google Scholar