Treatment of La Peyronie Disease with Laser Therapy and Surgery
Induratio penis plastica or La Peyronie Syndrome is a rheumatic pathology which concerns the fascia penis, shows different clinical pictures and has a course with various poussees. The cause is unknown although the commonly accepted pathogenetic theory considers a vasculitis of “vasa vasorum“ as the triggering course (1, 2, 3). Several therapies has been proposed for this pathology, but practically none has been codified and defined (3, 4, 5). In extreme cases the “fascia penis“ is replaced with plastic material. A small percentage of I.P.P. cases is self-limiting. (1, 2).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Austoni E, Pisani E, Evoluzione e progressi terapeutici nell’Induratio Penis Plastica: 15 anni di esperienza Arch Iatl di Urologia LX:231–257Google Scholar
- 2.Hurst JW, Medicine for the practicing Physician Buttherworth Publishers, Woburn, 1983, 1238–39Google Scholar
- 3.Longo L, Peruzzi GP, Durval A, Laser therapy on La Peyronie’s syndrome In Waidelich W, Laser/Optoelectronics in Medicine,Proceeding od Laser 89 Optoelektronik, Munchen, Springer Verlag, 1990, 116 – 121Google Scholar
- 4.Pisani E, Orgoteina per infiltrazione e ionoforesi associata al laser nella terapia dell’ IPP. Simp. Internaz. on IPP, milan, 1984, 47Google Scholar
- 5.Puente de La Vega, A Laser therapy in La Peyronie’s disease Acta Urol Esp 1985, 9:107–108.Google Scholar
- Longo L, Corcos L Defocused C02 laser therapy in pathologic wounds healing.Proceed, of LaserMed 91,Munchen, in Waidelich W, Hofstetter A Laser/Optoelectronics in Medicine, 1991 Springer Verlag, Heidelberg 408–412Google Scholar
- 7.Lievens P, The influence of laser treatment on the lymphatic system and on wound healing Laser, 1988 2:6–12Google Scholar
- 8.Longo L, Clementi F, C02 laser treatment of calcific metaplasias In Spinelli P, Dal Fante M, Marchesini R Photodynamic therapy and Biomedical lasers, Elsevier Science Publisher, 1992 186–190Google Scholar
- 9.Longo L, Simunovic S, Postiglione Mariano, Postiglione Marc Laser Therapy for fibromyositic rheumatism 16th Congress ASLMS, Orlando (FL) April 1996, Abs in Laser Surg. Med. Suppl.Google Scholar
- Longo L, Mazza E, Curti C, Mancini ST Laser treatment of La Peyronie’s Disease 17th Congr. of American Soc. for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Phoenix, 1997, 3–6 April, abs on Laser Surg. Med., Suppl.Google Scholar
- 11.Longo L, Corcos L, The role of defocused lasers in normal and pathologic wound healing in M Bracale and F Denoth Medicon 92 Proceed, of the VI Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering, Capri, July 1992, Vol II, 1257–1260Google Scholar