Deep wastewater reservoirs are simple-to-operate, small-scale treatment systems, which benefit from the long retention time of the wastewater in the ponds. The fact that deep wastewater reservoirs can be used for the treatment of sewage led to a wide distribution of these facilities throughout Israel.
KeywordsHydrogen Sulfide Inlet Pipe Odorous Compound Oxidation Pond Diethyl Phthalate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- An-Kuo Meng, Brenner L, Suffet HI (1992) Correlation of chemical and sensory data by principal component factor analysis. Wat Sci Tech 25/2:49–56Google Scholar
- Bartels JHM, Burlingame GA, Suffet IH (1986) Flavor profile analysis: Taste and odour control of the future. Journal AWWA 5:51–58Google Scholar
- Brownlee BG, Kenefick SL, Maclnnis GA, Hrudey SE (1994) Characterization of odorous compounds from bleached Kraft pulp mill effluent. Wat Sci Tech 31(11):135–42Google Scholar
- Dor I, Kalinsky I, Eren Y, Dimentman C (1987b) Deep wastewater reservoirs in Israel: Limnological changes following self-purification. Wat Sci Tech 19(12)317–322Google Scholar
- Eaton AD, Clesceri LS, Greenberg AE (eds) (1995) Standard methods for examination of water and wastewater. APHA, AWWA and WEF, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- Grob K, Zurcher F (1976) Stripping of trace organic substances from water. Equipment and procedure. Journal of Chromatography 117:285–294Google Scholar
- Ginzburg B, Chalifa I, Zohari T, Hadas O, Dor I, Lev O (1997) Identification of oligosulfide odorous compounds and their source in the lake of Galilee. Submitted, Wat ResGoogle Scholar
- Hrudey SE, McGuire MJ, Whitefield FB, (eds) (1995) Off-flavours in the aquatic environment 1994, Wat Sci Tech 31/n:R9-Rio (the whole volume)Google Scholar
- Khiari D, Brenner L, Burlingame GA, Suffet IH (1992) Sensory gas chromatography for evaluation of taste and odor events in drinking water. Wat Sci Tech 25/2:97–104Google Scholar
- Khiari D, Barrett SE, Suffet IH (1997) Sensory GC analysis of decaying vegetation and septic odors. J AWWA, AprilGoogle Scholar
- Korchevin NA, Turchaninova LP (1989) New method for synthesis of diorganyl polisulfides. Zh Obshch Khim 59:1785–1790Google Scholar
- Paxeus N, Robinson P, Balmer P (1992) Study of organic pollutants in municipal wastewater in Goteborg, Sweden. Wat Sci Tech 25/11:249–258Google Scholar