Cross Sections of the Reactions 55Mn(n,2n)54Mn, 58Ni(n,2n)57Ni and 58Ni(n,np )57Co Averaged over the U-235 Fission Neutron Spectrum
Cross sections of 55Mn(n,2n)54Mn, 58Ni(n,2n)57Ni and 58Ni(n,np)57Co reactions are presented together with the 34 kinds of threshold reaction cross sections which have been measured earlier. The 55Mn(n,2n) 54Mn reaction cross section values are also used to give specific variance-covariance matrix of the 35 kinds of cross sections. The 58Ni(n,np)57Co reaction includes the (n,pn) and (n,d) reactions. The obtained experimental values are compared with those of experimental values of other authors, or with the values calculated by the Horibe’s formula, or with the integral values calculated with the cross section data in ENDF/B-V and JENDL-2, assuming the fission neutron spectrum shapes to be of Maxwell, or Madland-Nix, or Watt types.
KeywordsU-235 fission neutron average cross section (n,2n) and (n,np) reaction 55Mn 58Ni
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. Horibe, H. Chatani, Y. Mizumoto and T. Kusakabe: Proceedings of the International Conf. on 50 Years with Nuclear Fission 2, 927, published by the American Nuclear Society Inc. (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kobayashi and I. Kimura: NEANDC(J)-67/u,42 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.A. Bruggeman, W. Maenhaut and J. Hoste: Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters 18, 87 (1974)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ohosawa: On the Fission Neutron Spectrum for U-235 in JENDL-3T, JAERI-M-89-026, 114 (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.W. L. Zijp: ECN-70 (1979)Google Scholar