Measurement of Capture Cross Sections for 238U, Au and Sb
Capture cross sections for the 238U(n, γ ) reaction were measured relative to the standard cross section for the 10B(n, α γ ) reaction with Fe and/or Si filtered beam neutrons of 24, 55 and 146 keV, and absolute capture cross sections for Au and Sb were measured between 0.01 and 1.0 eV, using the 46 MeV electron linear accelerator at the Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University. Present data at 55 and 146 keV for 238U are in good agreement with the evaluations in ENDF/B-VI and JENDL-3 and with the recent measurements by Kazakov et al. The results for Au showed a good agreement with the existing measurements and the ENDF/B-V data. New data have been obtained for the Sb(n, γ ) reaction whose data were not always enough in quality and quantity for practical application.
Keywordscapture cross sections measurements 238U Au Sb linac time-of-flight Fe and Si filtered beams neutrons 24, 55 and 146 keV BGO scintillators total absorption γ -ray detector 0.01–1.0 eV
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F.H. Fröhner: Proc. Int. Reactor Physics Conf., Jackson Hole, p.III–171 (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Hasegawa: JAERI-M 89-026, p.90 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.F.H. Fröhner: Nucl. Sci. Eng., 103, 119 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Japanese Evaluated Nuclear Data Library, Version-3,-JENDL-3-, JAERI 1319 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.L.E. Kazakov, et al.: Yad. Const., 2, 37 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kobayashi, et al.: JAERI-M 91-032, p.189 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kobayashi, et al.: JAERI-M 90-025, p.374 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.IAEA Technical Reports Series No. 227, “Nuclear Data Standards for Nuclear Measurements”, IAEA, Vienna (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Kobayashi, et al.: Annu. Rep. Res. Reactor Inst., Kyoto University, Vol.23, 1 (1990).Google Scholar