Measurements of keV-Neutron Capture Gamma Rays from some Structural and Shielding Materials
We have measured capture gamma rays from the structural and shielding materials, Mg, Al, Si, Ca, Cr, Co and Zr, with an anti-Compton NaI(Tl) detector, at several neutron energies between 10 and 600 keV, employing a time-of-flight technique. Observed pulse-height spectra were unfolded using a response matrix of the detector in order to obtain capture gamma-ray spectra. Those spectra from Al, Si, Ca and Cr were compared with statistical model calculations. In general the calculations reproduce fairly well the observed spectra at neutron energies of several hundreds keV.
Keywordscapture gamma-ray spectrum keV neutron Mg Al Si Ca Cr Co Zr statistical model calculation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Igashira, H. Kitazawa and N. Yamamuro: Nucl. nstr. and Meth. A245, 432 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Shimizu, M. Igashira, K. Terazu and H. Kitazawa: Nucl. Phys. A452, 205 (19815).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Igashira, H. Kitazawa, M. Shimizu, H. Komano and N. Yamamuro: Nucl. Phys. A457, 301 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Kendrick and S.M. Sperling: GA-9882 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.S.F. Mughabghab, M. Divadeenum and N.E. Holden: Neutron Cross Sections, vol. 1, part A (Academic Press, New York, 1981).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Igarasi: J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. 12, 67 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.B.L. Berman: Atom. Data and Nucl. Data Table, 15, 319 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Gilbert and A.G.W. Cameron: Can. J. Phys. 43, 1446 (1965).Google Scholar