Tables and Formulas for the Estimation of Effective Cross Sections
- 231 Downloads
In this chapter, tables of cross sections and rate coefficients of excitation and ionization by electron impact and rate coefficients of dielectronic recombination are given. The cross sections and rate coefficients are presented in the form of products of angular and radial factors, the latter being expressed in analytical form containing two or three adjusted parameters. The tabulated parameters are obtained from the results of numerical calculations. The first section contains a description of the contents of the tables and relevant fitting formulas. In the second and third sectins of the chapter the formulas for angular factors are given which are necessary for applying the tables.
KeywordsRate Coefficient Ionization Cross Section Excitation Cross Section Effective Cross Section Exchange Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.1L.A. Vainshtein: Trudy FIAN 15, 3 (1961)Google Scholar
- 6.2I.I. Sobel’man: Atomic Spectra and Radiative Transitions, 2nd edn., Springer Ser. Atoms Plasmas, Vol.12 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1992); 1st edn., Springer Ser. Chem. Phys., Vol.1 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1979)Google Scholar
- 6.3D.A. Varshalovich, A.N. Moskalyv, V.K. Khersonske: Quantum Theory of Angular Moment (World Scientific, Singapore 1988)Google Scholar
- 6.5M. Rotenberg, R. Bivius, N. Metropolis, J.K. Wooten, Jr.: The 3j and 6j Symbols (MIT Press, Cambridge, MA 1959)Google Scholar
- 6.6H. Appel: Numerical Tables for 3j, 6j, 9j Symbols, Landolt-Börnstein (Group I), Vol.3 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1968)Google Scholar
- 6.7A.P. Jucys, A.J. Savukynas: Mathematical Foundations of the Atomic Theory (Mintys, Vilnus 1973)Google Scholar