Numerical Aspects of Altimetry-Gravimetry Problems
The paper deals with the altimetry-gravimetry problems, taking into account the different situation with available terrestrial geodetic data on the land and sea part of the Earth surface. A unified formulation is given, from which all relevant problems can be derived as special cases. The related theory is briefly discussed. The primary subject of the paper is the numerical treatment of altimetry-gravimetry problems. For this purpose, a numerical experiment is invented, in which special numerical aspects of these problems can be investigated.
KeywordsBoundary Data Altimeter Satellite Ellipsoidal Height National Geophysical Data Geodetic Boundary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Data Center (1997). National Geophysical Data Center, USA. ET0P05, digital relief of the surface of the earth. Report 86-MGG-07, Boulder/Colorado.Google Scholar
- Heck, B. (1997). Formulation and linearization of boundary value problems: from observables to a mathematical model. In Sansò, F. and Rummel, R., editors, Geodetic Boundary Value Problems in View of the One Centimeter Geoid, volume 65 of Lecture Notes in earth science. Springier-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Holota, P. (1983a). The altimetry gravimetry boundary value problem I: weak solution, V-ellipticity. Bolletino de Geodesia e Scienze Affini, 42(70–84).Google Scholar
- Holota, P. (1983b). The altimetry gravimetry boundary value problem II: linearization, Friedrich’s inequality. Bolletino de Geodesia e Scienze Affini, 42:14–32.Google Scholar
- Keller, W. (1996). On the scalar fixed altimetry gravimetry boundary value problem in physical geodesy. Journal of Geodesy, 70:459–469.Google Scholar
- Klees, R. and Lehmann, R. (2000). Integration of a priori gravity field models in boundary element formulations to geodetic boundary value problems. This proceeding volume.Google Scholar
- Klees, R., Ritter, S., and Lehmann, R. (1997). Integral equation formulations for geodetic mixed boundary value problems. Progress Letters of the Delft Institute for Earth Oriented Space Research (DEOS), 97.1, 1–8. Delft University of Technology.Google Scholar
- Lehmann, R. (1999). Studies on the altimetry-gravimetry problems for geoid determination. To appear on Physics and Chemistry of the Earth.Google Scholar
- Sansò, F. (1993). Theory of geodetic b.v.p.s applied to the analysis of altimeter data. In Rummel, R. and Sansò, F., editors, Satellite Altimetry in Geodesy and Oceanography, volume 50 of Lecture Notes in earth sciences. Springier-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Sansò, F. (1995). The long road from measurements to boundary value problems in physical geodesy. manuscripta geodetica, 20(5):326–344.Google Scholar
- Sansò, F. and Rummel, R. (1997). Theory of geodetic b.v.p.s applied to the analysis of altimeter data. In Sansò, F. and Rummel, R., editors, Geodetic Boundary Value Problems in View of the One Centimeter Geoid, volume 65 of Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences. Springier-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Svensson, S.L. (1988). Some remarks on the altimetry-gravimetry problem, manuscripta geodetica. manuscripta geodetica, 13:63–74.Google Scholar