Optimal control of two-photon transitions: bright and dark femtosecond pulses designed by a self-learning algorithm
Coherent quantum control of the nonresonant 3s-5s excitation in sodium is demonstrated. ”Bright” or ”dark” pulses are designed by an evolutionary algorithm which evaluates a signal from the experiment to control a phase mask.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. S. Judson, H. Rabitz, Phys. Rev. Letters 68 (1992) 1500Google Scholar
- 2.C. J. Bardeen, et al., Chem. Phys. Letters 280 (1997) 151Google Scholar
- 3.A. Assion, et al., Science 282 (1998) 919Google Scholar
- 4.T. C. Weinacht, J. Ahn, P. H. Bucksbaum, Nature 397 (1999) 233Google Scholar
- 5.D. Meshulach, Y. Silberberg, Phys. Rev. A 60 (1999) 1287Google Scholar